Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's on my easel in real time #4

This is the final installment of "What's on my easel in real time" edition 1. It has been fun so look for another edition soon. Since my last post I have added 2 sections of plaster to this peice. Giornata 2 (the 2nd section of plaster and my 2nd painting day) was all of the stone work in the background.

Giornata 3 (the 3rd section of plaster and my 3rd painting day) was the scenery in the window.

Now along with Penelope she waits to be transferred. I will let the rest speak for itself, except to say that she needs a name...any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Well... in Greek mythology Penelope's sister's name is Ipthime. She appears to Penelope in a dream to soothe her worry for her husband Odysseus. Not the prettiest name though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, Ipthime?? Doesn't roll off the tongue very well does it? Although I like the story...ahh...I was thinking "Calypso" She was the beautiful sea nympth that kept Odysseus "occupied" on her island for a while before he returned home to Penelope....I like it but I am not sure if the word "calypso" is too heavily associated with the dance instead?? what do you think?

    ReplyDelete