Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"MY ITALY" film updated with new frescoes

As promised here is a "sneak peek" of 2 of the new frescoes I created in Italy this summer. You will notice I have been having some fun experimenting with the idea of inserting interesting elements into the plaster! The first includes an antique key and old Italian Lire.
The other is a collaboration with a local Italian mosaic artist. I love the way the small mosaic cluster in the foreground mirrors the cluster of houses of the village. I expect mosaic will be slowly creeping in to my new work, another fascinating, beautiful, and ancient medium!
This summer's abundant rainfall has given me time to work on familiarizing myself with the wonderful world of editing and film via i-movie. Although most everyone is on holidays, those of you who are gracious enough to be visiting me here, instead of the beach or the lake, will be the first to view my finalized "MY ITALY film. You will see many beautiful images in the film and I will write more about that soon but for now, just enjoy the scenery, the rest of the summer, and I will "see you in September!"

No comments:

Post a Comment