Monday, July 20, 2009

MY ITALY post No. 3 "Italian Gelato" no cone, no cup!

This funny looking bun on the counter is called "Brioche" and in Southern Italy it is the very best way to eat Gelato (in my opinion of course!) Leave it to the Italians to take a good thing and make it better!!
Let's see, I will have cioccolato, nocciola and "Rocher" the name of this flavor says it all!!!


After making your selection your brioche (an egg bread that is soft and not too sweet, similar to easter bread) will be filled with gelato and served with  a wink!  
Thankfully you are furnished with a spoon... even still this is a messy endeavor but worth the effort for sure!

So you've caught me taking a break in beautiful Italy!  I promise I have been working as well and may offer a "sneak peek" soon...until then Buon Appetito once again!! And remember to visit www.celebrateart.com for updates on the upcoming show.

p.s. Why are all these posts about food??? 

4 comments:

  1. Liana! You are a girl after my own heart! I think that posts about food, wine and travelsjust reveal how passionate we are for life and all that it offers! Surely that translates into fine art and a great love for people! Have a scoop for me!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Melt in your mouth food. I love it. Why don't you weigh 300 pounds? Love your new work.
    Only a few months until we see you again.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I still like the idea of pairing gelato to art...There is a gelato shop near the show in Arizona... All the senses...

    See you in six months!

    Debbie and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Lets do it!!! yes, c u in 6!!!

    ReplyDelete